Monday, September 15, 2014

It's always been her

Maybe it was the innocence in her eyes or her gorgeous smile or simply the fact that she was nothing like me.  Still to this day I can't say what it was about her that I liked so much,  all I knew was I wanted her...I wanted her in every way....I wanted her like I had never wanted anything else.  It scared the hell out of me, because at that point in my life I wanted nothing...I had nothing.  The closest thing I had to a want at that time was a want to numb the pain from a troubled childhood, a want to numb the pain from past broken hearts, a want to numb the pain from the life I had all but given up on....I was pretty good at numbing it too
Then "she" walked into my life,  this beautiful young girl with long brown hair and stunning brown eyes.  I have no idea what she ever saw in me back then... I was nothing but trouble...but what ever it was I'm glad she did.  I still remember the day we met.  I still remember our first kiss...I was so scared to kiss her, it took me two weeks to build up the courage.....I was hooked.  Nothing else mattered anymore... nothing but her...she was the reason I got up every day...she consumed my every thought...was in my every dream...I lived only for her. 
Though our lives together have been anything but normal,  though I've still felt pain,  I've still felt loneliness, I've still felt lost at times  I wouldn't trade a day of being with her for anything in this world.  I've felt more loved,  felt more compassion, felt more understood, and felt more passion than I could have ever known.  I still may not yet know everything about her but then I've yet to learn everything about myself.  It's been fourteen years, 168 months,  728 weeks,  5110 days, 8 years of marriage,   4 addresses changes,  3 beautiful kids,  2 lives intertwined forever,  and 1 hell of a ride.
I still watch her while she sleeps,  I still melt at her embrace,  I still remain lost when we're apart, she still consumes my every thought, she's still the reason I wake up every morning,  she's still in my every dream,  and I still live for her.........
Her.....It's always been her 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day