Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"What it means to be strong" (November 2012)

Collection of old poems:

"What it means to be strong" (November 2012)
All my life I've been taken for granted
I showed them kindness, they treated me ruthless
I showed them love, they pushed and they shoved
I showed them grace, they spit in my face
I showed them mercy, they repaid it adversely
I showed them forgiveness, they mistook it for weakness
God were they wrong, they just don't know what it means to be strong
You taught me kindness,  when you healed their blindness
You taught me love, when you were sent from above
You taught me grace, when you died in my place
You taught me mercy, when you wouldn't let the devil continue to hurt me
You taught me forgiveness, with the gift of your greatness
For the rest of my life,
I'll never take you for granted,
 Jesus I love you,
thank you for teaching me,
What it Means to be Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day