Thursday, May 29, 2014

Weight of the world

     In life our burdens can some times feel light and at others (most of the time) they can weigh you down.  Being a husband, a father, an employee; it can sometimes feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  We all have the normal weight of our responsibilities and duties; I don't consider these to be burdens, though they can be quite trying at times and even down right difficult.  The burdens I am talking about are those that only affect you if you let them. The anger, disgust and disdain for a coworker,  that painful memory of the past,  unfounded and unspecific worry for the future, my wife is pregnant sexual frustration.......
     Life tends to throw plenty of heavy things on you from time to time, but one thing I have to be reminded  every now and then is that things are only as big and as heavy as you let them be.  Life doesn't have to be difficult,  we sometimes make mountains out of mole hills, we let our minds  blow them up into these huge weights and stack them up and carry them around.  The quicker we can let go and move on the less we feel the pressure, the less we feel burdened by them.  We're not meant to carry some burdens for very long.  There's a peace that comes from giving your burdens to God, the one that has the strength to carry them.  Its something that I have to do over and over again, because I have this bad habit of picking the same burdens back up again.  Maybe I just enjoy the feeling of giving it back to him.



 
 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.   For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  (Matthew 11:28-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day