Friday, June 6, 2014

Happily worn

His alarm rings, its time to rise
Its hard to see behind his tired eyes
"Could it be so soon again?"
"I've only just fallen asleep my friend"
The clock just sits and blinks
Off to work, "Oh this stinks"
I seek out coffee, strong and black,
To give the energy that I lack.
Faster, faster, I drive my truck,
"Late again, just my luck"
My eyes a weary, dark, and sagging
My feet are heavy, my boots are dragging
The work drags on and on and on
"How much longer till this day is gone?"
"Oh thank God, it's finally here!"
Time for that unwinding beer.
That was nice, but no time to dawdle
 Just remember, your still a father
"Daddy's home!", I hear them say
"Build this, fix this, come and play!"
Their energy level is up to ten
Just let me catch my second wind
Dinner, bathes, its all so hectic
Hope my wife doesn't feel neglected
Lock the doors and turn the lights
Its finally time for the night
I'm in my bed, I close my eyes
but not for long, the baby cries
Wide awake, and on my way
"I love you enough to do this everyday"
Sweet little baby in my arms
Next thing you know, there goes my alarm.......



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day