Monday, April 9, 2018

The Invisable Blanket


It's weight could be felt, ever pressing down and restricting my every move, from my shoulders to my toes. I could tell that it was draped over my face, though invisible it cast an eerie fog across my vision making it hard to make out the path before me.  Wrapped around me so tightly that I find it hard to breath, consumed, entangled; I try to break free but alas it inevitably tucks me in at night and clothes me the next morning.  I've seen it before, it's visited me many times in my life, though it's form has changed I always recognize that dark hollow eyed gaze as it mocks me in the mirror.  "What do you want from me, why are you here?!"......no reply, yet again.....maybe it's not real, for I alone can see what isn't there.  But, is seeing believing?  Oh but to feel is to be alive, and I do feel...I feel the lump in my throat,  the weight of my world,  the touch...no....not the touch, that I don't feel. Numbed  by its presents,  I can only feel what it lets me feel, see what it wants me to see.........................................   So, here we are....at an impasse....happiness is said to come from within and that no one can make that decision for you....so alone, I have to do this?....how to feel un-alone, but do it all by myself?....I can feel the pressure push down more and more,  maybe I need to be alone to escape this prison that is me.  "I'm coming for you, to find you, to lift you from you sadness....you are not alone, I am with you here....", I whisper to myself....."I and I will see you through, for I and I will see you through"..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day