Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Preg-envy

Is it just me or are there any other men out there who get a little jealous of thier pregnant wives? Now I'm not saying that I'm jealous of the discomfort of pregnancy, or the pains of childbirth, or the the toll it takes on thier body. But it's hard not to think about the fact that they get to have this eternal bond with them. I know this bond that comes from carrying the baby for nine months transcends the baby stage, because I see it daily with my twins. In the way they always want their mother. "No daddy, I want mommy to carry me to bed!" A statement I hear nightly from my precious little girl. It's the way my twins fight over who gets to lay by their mother on the couch, the loser of this nightly debate gets the secondary prize of laying by their father. Its the little things like these that cut the deepest, how could you not be jealous of a bond like that? Don't get me wrong, I have a great relationship with my kids and I know that they love me as I do them. I'm just saying that; damn it's frustrating at times because everything I do is for them, my time spent at work, my thoughts, my prayers, plans for the future. It reminds me of a verse from Pauls second letter to the church of Corinthians: ... because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less? (2 Corinthians 12:14-15)

Its probably just my sentimental nature and my longing for truely deep conections with my family. In all truth I probably wouldn't survive as a pregnant woman. (you know, narrow hips and all) I am so very thankful for the mother of my children, I am truely thankful that I was blessed enough to have children born from her, an amazing woman, an amazing mother. To which I would like to say; "Sorry I used your loofa(luffa,loufa,loofah....however you spell it) to wipe your sons ass when you put him in the shower with me last night" (thankyou for that, I was actually in the middle of brushing my teeth when you threw him in there....gag)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day