Saturday, November 2, 2013

Feeling Blessed

Feeling blessed these last couple of days. Just yesterday I received good news from my employer in the form of my first ESOP statement (looked way better than I ever would have expected), I received great news from my wife (not sharing that news just yet), I got a chance to talk to my good friend brother whom I haven't spoke to in far too long, and had a great night of just hanging out with family. It's easy to feel blessed when we have days like these, but are we not still blessed in moments of trials and tribulation?

I think we all need to be reminded that we are indeed blessed by those hard times in our past and the ones to come. God tells us through Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." God will use our trials, our tribulations, and our suffering for his glory. Maybe he needed you to go through something to gain the knowledge needed to help someone else. Maybe he needed you to overcome something so that someone else could see that it could be overcome. Maybe he took you through something so he could break you before he remade you.

There are so may reasons God calls us to suffer for him, but know that it is not for nothing. None can truly know why we have to go through our own particular struggles other than God, but we can take heart and rejoice because we know that he is using it. He will not let it go to waste. We should remember that he is working in us and through us in these times and that truly is something to rejoice in.

(Note to self: "Self....., remember what you just wrote, you'll need it in the future")





Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans 5:2-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day