Thursday, October 17, 2013

Be Bold in your Faith

Well today was a good day. It has been on my heart for a few weeks to go the extra mile to support the spreading of the good news. So I took it upon my self to challenge my co-workers to join me in an attempt to collect 100 boxes for "Operation Christmas Child" (OCC), of course I sent out a mass email to 400+ employees all across the country. Which is kind of against company protocol, apparently, but we are called to be bold in our faith. It hit me this morning that I was being called to this, not only to spread the gospel to children around the world but also to the lost that are right here. The industry that I work in, Shipyard/Marine industry, is full of lost people and I feel that I have been called to be a light in this darkness. I know this because I have prayed many times in the past for God to provide me a job in a Christ like workplace where I could grow in my faith, but that is exactly what he is doing in me right where I am. If there is one thing I have learned it is that God always hears your prayers, he just doesn't always respond to them in the way we expect. Listen when the Spirit speaks to you, hard to hear when you get in your own way. We may not understand Gods plan, it may not line up with our plans, but we can not doubt that God knows what he's doing. Man it feels good to walk with him and let his desires be my desires. My boldness in following what God called me to this morning in sending out that email resulted in the CEO of our corporation personally emailing me.(a man I've never met...not sure he had ever even heard of me....he even referred to me as Frog....ha) In the end not much of a reprimand, but definitely an inspiration to many others in my company for my boldness. One of my friends from our Virginia office even stepped up to organize the same thing in the Virginia division. Even another email from the CEO saying that he was going to personally make a donation to help fund our efforts. God is good my friend, God is good................................................................... "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" (Eph. 6:18-20)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day