Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hopeful

Today I am full of hope; hopeful of things to come, hopeful of things unseen, hopeful that what has yet to fully develop will do so in time. What does it mean to be hopeful? Hope. Hope is the culmination of wanting the fulfillment of ones dreams, the driving force behind those dreams, the anticipation of something greater than today. We all have hopes, hopes for our future here in this world and eternity, hopes for our marriage, hopes for the path of our children, hopes for the health of our loved ones, hopes that our lives will happen the way we want. Hope is a great thing, but is much more powerful when accompanied with prayer. In the end it is all in God's hands. John 5:14 tells us "If we ask anything according to his will, he hears", and Mark 11:24 tells us "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." I believe these go hand in hand, because to fully believe that you will receive them you must also believe that it is the will of God, part of his all powerful plan for our lives. I think sometimes God lets us think we know part of the plan then proves us wrong so he can change us into something more, something more useful in his plan. Other times I have no doubt what his plans are for me and my life. He gives us both to strengthen our faith, because there is only one "right way" for our lives to play out and that is according to the will of God. So I will continue to be hopeful, I will continue to pray, and I will continue to faithfully believe in those hopes, dreams, and prayers.




"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
(Hebrews 11:1)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day