Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thoughts on Happiness

I used to think that happiness was a state of being that just was; that it was easy and would always be. I lost that somewhere along the way, and at times thought that I would never find it again. But, as time goes by (time changes everything, but what you do with that time is key) once again happiness returns,like the seasons it fades away and returns again. That makes me think of my wedding song; "Watch the wind blow by" (Tim McCraw); it has new meaning to me now. There are seasons in a marriage and as you go thru those seasons you will find yourself and your spouse change as well. As you change and your marriage changes so to must your love for each other and how you express that love. You can't be stagnant, anything that is alive must me moving, changing, flowing; flowing to the next phase of your life, your marriage. If you find your self in a constant state of unchange, in your marriage or your life, be worried and afraid; because the goal in life is to grow and you can't grow while remaining the same. This may be for you,as it was for me, a hard thing to do when you think you are where you want to be, but there will come a day were you realize looking back that you were hanging on when you should have been moving forward. When you are moving happiness is easier to maintain, because it is rarly found in the boring times. I have been told that happiness can only come from within, a hard pill to swallow in down times when all you want is a nudge toward it from another; but take heart for you are not alone. Within doesn't mean that you have to do it on your own. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified of them, for the Lord your God goes with you;He will never leave you or forsake you" True happiness comes from God:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day