Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Don't Worry in Ourselves

In life we all have worries; worries about our past, worries about our present, and worries about our future; but it is not for us to control therefor it is not for us to worry. To those of us who are called the children of God, Jesus tells us: "let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid". When we worry, we are saying that we have doubt that God will take care of us, or that we are unwilling to suffer for his sake. God never said that life would be easy or that we would be free from suffering or that everything would go as we planned. Life is sometimes hard and we are called to suffer for his name, but everything will go as he has planned.

God's plan, that is what we are to trust in, that is where our confidence comes from, that is the reason we don't have to worry. Trusting in the Lord echoes throughout the bible. Psalms...."where does my help come from? my help comes from the Lord..."...."when I am afraid, I put my trust in you". Proverbs......"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." To let go of worry and to trust fully in God is not an easy thing to do, we are pre conditioned to worry and trust is something that comes with being close and develops over time. God wants us to grow closer to him over time, to always be moving toward him, to trust him fully, to hand our burdens and worries over to him. In whom else can we trust if not in him? Surely not ourselves, I know my own track record for what worrying has accomplished in my life and I gladly give my worry to him. Walk and talk closer with God and your trust in him will grow. Trust that he has a plan. Trust that all things work together for our good and his glory. Don't worry in ourselves but trust in him.

Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. (Philippians 4:6-7)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day