Friday, October 18, 2013

Normally Abnormal Night

Wow. That's all I can say after the  most amazing and simplistic night I had hanging out with my family tonight. Just a normally abnormal night on the farm after work on a Friday night. Spending time talking of work, reminiscing about hunting camp trips with my father and my son, joking about my older brother and his girlfriend being over due to get engaged. Nothing better than sitting around a tailgate, have a few beers, kids laughing and playing, family joking about the past, talking about older extended family in health decline. I don't know if it was thoughts of the past or thoughts of the future, or as I believe the Holy Spirit speaking to me, but I had the most amazing conversation as short as it was with my dad that really touched my heart. Keeping in mind that this man knows nothing of my blog, not a man that thinks highly of time spent online (Facebook, blogging, or whatnot); a man that knows nothing of my feelings (or so I've always thought) of his time spent at work during my childhood. My father looked at me, while propped against the tailgate of a Chevy truck beer in hand watching my kids run and play, as I spoke with him about my weekend plans with my kids and my wife. He looked me right in the eye and said, "THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT"! He was talking about what he feels/felt is important in life. I feel so very fortunate that I learned this early in my life (30+ not that early). I had to restrain the emotional overload I felt from this simple response from him and just simply express my gratitude to him for his hard work and time he spent away from his family. I fully understand the financial difference between what he had to do to provide and what I myself deal with/have dealt with in my own life. I can only say that this is nothing short of the Holy Spirit speaking to me"......................" The Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God's children." (Romans8:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
Frog (The Man, The Myth, The Legend)

My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day